The most powerful system ever created in the history of this universe has to be your brain. Your brain is responsible for your every thought, emotion and behavior. Unfortunately, we humans aren’t aware of our brains and it is time to alter that.
Basics of brain
– Your brain weighs about 2 to four pounds.The brain is made up with 60% fat and is the most fat-laden system inside your body.
The brain is able to consume 25 percent of the blood that is pumped out each heartbeat.
– Your brain has two sides or hemispheres (left hemisphere and right).
The left hemisphere aids you with language, detail and analysis. The right hemisphere helps you with faces and spatial orientation as well as sounds.
Your brain has a cortex and subcortex. Your cortex is conscious brainlovehealth assists you in learning, remembering to write, communicate, read and to orient yourself to space. It also helps you take in sensory data.
The subcortex of your brain is responsible for processing subconscious motor or procedural behaviors like dressing, driving, and the typing process on your personal computer.The brain and the subcortex work like a beautiful orchestra.
Your hippocampus is a structure inside your brain (sits within the middle of the temporal lobe just beneath each temple on your skull) that allows you to acquire. You may discover new ideas about your brain.
Human brain (like animals’ brain) can produce neurons in the brain. This process of brain cell growth (neurogenesis) occurs in the hippocampus.
The human brain is now thought to have “neural plasticity” or be one that is fluid, continuously reorganizing itself and malleable. It is shaped by external input.
The brain needs exposure to environments that are enriched, complex and novel. Environments that are rote and passive don’t help your brain’s health.
Affecting enriched environments across your lifetime will lead to new brain cell growth and an increase in cellular connection (“synaptic densities”).
The brain’s synaptic density or reserve can aid in delaying the development of neurodegenerative illnesses like Alzheimer’s and similar dementias.
– Brain health begins during the womb and requires to be maintained throughout your life.
– Engage in the novel and complex not the rote and passive.
Consider this Brain Health Lifestyle to build the reserves of your brain:
Five areas of the Brain Health Lifestyle
– Do not isolate or separate yourself as you grow older. People who isolate are at an increased risk of developing dementia.
Join groups and social associations in your area.
Maintain and expand your friendship and family network.
– Develop hobbies.
– Do not retire.
Walking between 7,000 and 12,000 steps a day. Regularly walking lowers the risk of developing dementia.
Purchase a pedometer to remind yourself to walk , and to keep track of your daily steps.
Dance, because it can reduce the risk of dementia.
Gardening and knitting lower the risk of dementia.
Aerobic exercise can help the heart, and thus supply the brain with the necessary oxygen and blood.
Use each side more regularly: become more ambidextrous.
– – Fit Brains as a brain exercise tool
– Learn a second language.
– Read and write (use your hand with a different style) daily The more complicated, the better.
– Learn sign language, since it improves IQ and a higher IQ lowers the risk of dementia.
Play board games as board game-playing reduces the risk of dementia.
Travel reduces the likelihood of developing dementia as it requires an entirely new and unfamiliar environment.
– Play a musical instrument.
Enjoy listening to old-fashioned music, as it helps to enhance learning.
– Problem solve.
Pray daily basis as it enhances the immune system.
– Attend regularly a church that is formal as it is related to better health and longevity.
Learn to relax to reduce. Animals who are exposed to environments that are too stimulating demonstrate slowed brain development.
– Learn relaxation procedures with deep breathing and relaxation of the muscles.
Slow down and do not be intimidated to say “no”.
Food – Consume 80percent of what you are planning to consume at each meal. Limiting calories can help enhance your lifespan.
If you eat with utensils, you’ll consume less food and also eat healthier foods.
Increase the amount of Omega 3 fatty acids. This is a good thing for fish that are fatty like sardines, salmon and herring. A few ounces of salmon per week decrease the risk of getting dementia. Walnuts and un salted nuts are also beneficial for your health.
– Increase your intake of antioxidants. That includes Vitamins C and E. Colored fruits (grapes and apples, as well as cantaloupe and berries) and vegetables are great for your health. The FDA suggests five servings of vegetables and fruits a each day.
– Decrease your intake of processed foods as well as red meats. The lean chicken breasts with skins is quite acceptable.
– Green leafy vegetables are healthy for you.
Take a sit-down meal with friends and family every day. This activity provides many brain-boosting effects in one go (classic music, language eating with utensils taking a break, and eating healthy food choices