How Do I Know It’s Toenail Fungus?
A toenail fungal infection usually appears as a white or yellow spot at the tip of the nail. Gradually, you will find the toenail thickens up and becomes brittle or crumbly. Soon, its shape changes and it appears dull from its natural shiny appearance. As the infection spreads, the nail may even separate from its nail bed, leading to onycholysis.
Top Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Toenail Fungus
You can try some simple natural remedies for toenail fungus treatment. However, if the infection continues to spread or cause a lot of pain and discomfort, seek medical advice.
- Apple Cider Vinegar has a natural fungicidal action that not just kills the fungus, but also prevents bacteria from causing a secondary infection. All you need to do is mix equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water. Soak your toenails in this solution for 30 minutes every day for a few weeks. You will find the infection will start clearing off gradually.
- Tea tree oil is another antifungal remedy that helps clear the fungal infection as well as other skin infections. Just mix a few drops of tea tree oil in a teaspoon of coconut oil. You can even use olive oil if you wish. Apply Fungus Clear it to the affected toenail with the help of cotton. Allow it to stay on for about 10 to15 minutes and then scrub the affected toenail with the help of a toothbrush. Carry out this procedure at least 3 times a day to get positive results.
- Coconut oil has the ability to penetrate the cell wall of fungi such as Candida. It causes the protective cell wall to dissolve, destroying the fungus. Thus, in turn, it helps one get rid of the toenail infection. All you need to do is apply a layer of coconut oil on the affected areas and allow it to soak in for about 15 minutes. Carry out this natural remedy for toenail fungus as many times you can in a day.
- Mouthwash not just helps kill bacteria in the mouth, but can also help eliminate the fungal infection of the toenail. Mouthwash contains many compounds that act as an antiseptic that prevents growth of germs and fungi. All you need to do is mix equal parts of mouthwash and white vinegar in a small tub. Soak the affected foot in this solution for at least 30 minutes. Then, scrub your infected toenail gently with a toothbrush and then rinse it off. Dry your feet well and repeat the remedy 2 times a day.
- Oil of oregano mixed with a teaspoon of olive oil acts as an antiseptic, antiparasitic, antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal as well as an analgesic agent. All you need to do is mix just 2 drops of oil of oregano in one teaspoon of olive oil. Use cotton to apply this mixture to the affected area and allow it to get soaked for 30 minutes. Rinse it off and dry your feet well. Repeat this natural home remedy for toenail fungus 2 times a day.